Included in Base Price
Optional with Extra Charge
In order to join this training, you must:
- Want to become a certified yoga teacher
This training is the perfect opportunity to follow your dream and become a yoga teacher without having to travel to centers in India. This training is designed to gradually build your confidence in actually teaching a yoga class. So when you finish, you’ll have all of the skills and knowledge you need to start your new life as a yoga teacher.
- Want to elevate your personal knowledge and practice
Lots of people have taken training with no plans to become yoga teachers and just want to build their knowledge of yoga and improve their personal practice. This course is the perfect foundation for anyone who simply wants to learn traditional yoga and integrate this incredible practice into their life; and now, you can do this all from the comfort of your own home!
Students who complete their training before December 31, 2020, are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT®).
How the training works
The school is currently working with one of UK’s leading online learning providers to offer live training every Monday to Saturday for six hours per day to align with the RYS-200 core curriculum:
- Techniques, training, practice
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga humanities
- Professional essentials
Approximately 108 hours will be the live class time with the lead instructor and will constitute Module A. While other schools are offering their live classes via Zoom, Skanda Ayur-Yoga Ashrama will use their own online academy as well. It allows video and screen sharing as well as a means of recording all the live classes; they have created a library of these for their students to revisit in their own time.
Module B will then follow, this a 100-hour module that is aligned with the RYS-200 core curriculum and will also be delivered through the online academy. Skanda Ayur-Yoga Ashrama proposes that students complete this course within six months from their training start date.
The online academy has a range of features such as live chat, discussion forums, quizzes, tests, etc., that will be used to promote interaction amongst the students. The school will also provide them with the opportunity to deliver five hours of teaching to other program participants so they can receive feedback from the instructor as well as develop their skills to teach a live online class and give positive and constructive feedback to each other.
The unique split module training program means you have the flexibility to complete the course in your own time, as well as actual contact hours with the yoga teacher training team.
- Module A
This first module is a three-week live lecture and class-based module. Daily class time will be approximately five hours, with breaks in between, and one hour of daily reading or homework assignments.
- Module B
This module is a 100-hour self-learning module with video lectures and assessments focused around your practical teaching development. You can complete this module in your own time (up to six months after the training start date) and upon completion, you will receive your 200-hour yoga teacher certification.
- Can you manage this around your normal day?
Module A is structured so you can manage your day-to-day around the morning practices, short daily lectures, and evening workshops. Don’t worry if you miss a class, recordings of the lectures will be posted so you can catch up.
- Yoga Alliance course - Upon completion of this online course, you will be eligible to become a registered yoga teacher.
- Flexible course structure - The split module training program is designed to give you the flexibility to complete the course in your own time.
- Lifetime access to course content - You’ll have lifetime access to all of the course lectures and material through your personal member account.
- World-renowned teaching team online - You’ll have over 50 live lectures with the yoga teacher training team from India.
Yoga course syllabus
You'll follow a well-defined syllabus that covers both ancient yoga traditions and modern-day yoga practices. The training program covers the yoga practice requirements along with safety precautions that will make you a professional yoga teacher.
Principles for yogic practice
Skanda Yoga's 200-hour yoga teacher training is professionally designed to satisfy the requirements of Hatha and Ashtanga yoga. The classes will have a maximum of 10-15 students so that the school can give special attention to each and every student.
- During your yoga asana classes, you will learn how to correctly move through different postures, exercise the Prana (breath), Drishti (point of focus), and Bandhas.
- Learn the root definition for each pose while undergoing breath-based training.
- Pranayama - Introduction to breathing techniques and demonstrated an ability to practice Anulom Viloma, Bhastrika, Chandrabhedana, Suryabhedana, Ujjai, Bharamari, Sheetali, Sheetkari, and the knowledge of their benefits, limitations, and techniques.
- Shat Kriyas - Purpose and utility; this includes theory and practice of six purification techniques: Dhuti, Basti, Neti, Trataka, Nauli, and Kapalabhatti selection
- Bandhas - Introduction to Jalandhara bandha, Uddiyana bandha, Mula bandha, and Maha bandha
- Ayurvedic approach to yogic diet and significance of Sattvic vegetarian diet
- Concept of Triguna - According to Ayurveda (Vata, Pita, and Kapa)
- Theory and practical techniques of meditation, introduction to simple meditation techniques for day to day life - mindfulness meditations.
- Role of yoga - Stress and lifestyle management
- Aim, objectives, and misconceptions about yoga
- Yoga for specific groups: Introduction to basic prenatal yoga, yoga for kids, and yoga for the elderly.
And much more!
Accommodation Options(Not Completed Yet)
Food Options(Not Provided)
Payment & Guidelines
All deposits are non-refundable. The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 30 days before the retreat start date. (the seeker pays directly to the organizer not through us. We send a notification to the organiser to get the money ). The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
A reservation requires a deposit of 100% of the total price.
The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.