Hatha yogaVinyasa YogaYin yogaMeditation
|Group Size||12 — 14|
Included in Base Price
Optional with Extra Charge
The course will focus more on Sanskrit and asana vocabulary and in-depth discussions on philosophy. The students will gain in-depth knowledge of advanced pranayama techniques, meditation practices, structural anatomy, and have an opportunity to teach and assist with verbal and physical adjustments during the asana classes. In summary, this training is not just about receiving more information but also about experiencing through practice.
The standards and course framework set by Yoga Alliance under five educational categories
- 80 hours of training techniques and practice
- 20 hours of teaching methodology
- 25 hours of anatomy and physiology - including both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.), energy anatomy, and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). It also includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
- 65 hours of yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers
- 50 hours of practicum
- 60 non-contact hours
Overview of the structure and operational details of this 300-hour TTC program
This 300-hour yoga TTC comprehensively meets the standards defined by the Yoga Alliance and exceeds in all respects as they enhance the program with other activities like Sanskrit learning, spiritual therapy, Kundalini system, and chakra balancing techniques.
There are also workshops on Mantra yoga - the science of sound vibrations and its role in spiritual practices, Buddhi yoga - yogic cognitive therapy, yogic personality theory “Panchakosha” model - a comparative study of yogic psychology and modern psychology, etc.
Techniques training and practice
The core style of asana taught in the course is traditional Hatha yoga.
Traditional Hatha yoga
Traditional Hatha yoga is a principle style of yoga practices and is the origin of all other yoga practiced today. The word Hatha is a combination of two words ‘Ha’ meaning “Sun Energy” and ‘Tha’ meaning “Moon Energy” representing two principle energies flowing within your body. When these two aspects of one’s self are integrated, a fullness of the whole personality is experienced.
Hatha yoga influences your two sides of the brain and brings balance between these two energies within all of you to merge from the opposite to the harmony of oneness.
Hatha yoga is a powerful tool of transformation and the practitioner develops a balance of strength and flexibility. The salient feature of “Hatha yoga” is the focus on the asanas and breath control while holding the postures for a longer duration.
Hatha yoga classes incorporate the mind, body, and spirit through various practices like asanas, (postures) pranayama (breathing) and kriyas, (internal cleansing). It is not fast flowing and is highly suitable for beginners as well as advanced practitioners, as it is much gentler than Ashtanga yoga.
The course also introduces other styles of asana practice including: Vinyasa flow, Yin and smooth Restorative yoga in order to experience the other yoga styles.
Functional details of the course
The asana practices include:
- Warm up exercises and sun salutations with mantras
- Pavana muktasana series to loosen and strengthen major joints, to develop core energy, and to bring flexibility in the body
- Standing asanas to develop neuromuscular coordination
- Twenty five asanas from the foundations of standing, sitting, prone and supine; covering forward bends, back bends, spine twists, hip openers and stretches, arm balances and inversions; with the details of breathing patterns while doing and holding an asana, contraindications, and benefits
- Variations of the above mentioned in full details
- Workshops: Special workshops are conducted on variations and modifications of advanced postures, modifications for beginners and students with injuries (multi-level modifications) arm balances, twists, inversions, hip openings, headstands, back bendings, personal corrections, personal guidance, safety measurements, and others individual tips if required
- Other components related: How to use props including blocks, bolsters, straps, blankets, walls in your yoga practice, rope headstand, etc.
- Adjustments and corrections: Modes of adjustments and effective adjustment techniques are given by expert teachers to reap the full benefits of the practice
- Feedbacks: Regular feedbacks are given by the teachers and fellow students about your teaching in order to facilitate you to improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher.
Teaching methodology: techniques and demonstrations
- Principles of demonstration: The art of teaching, leading a class, voice modulation, and effective communication with great clarity
- Observing, assisting, and correcting: Mindful adjustments, correcting and adjusting through physical and verbal instructions
- Instructions, teaching styles: Designing and planning a class suitable to different needs. Learning Sanskrit names and other symbolism related to asanas, structuring and sequencing an asana class, and exploring various methodologies
- Qualities of a teacher: voice, presence, dealing with injuries, and explaining about safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga: Educating about business ethics and values, setting up yoga business and community responsibilities, marketing, and advertising
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners will be served throughout the course (Except on Sunday) with vegetarian, vegan, and organic food. The following meals are included: Breakfast Lunch Dinner The following drinks are included: Unlimited filtered Drinking Water Coffee Tea/ Herbal Tea The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for: Vegetarian Vegan Gluten Free Organic Yogic
Payment & Guidelines
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event. 0% deposit refund for cancellation 30 days before event. The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Early Bird Discount : Book before 60 days to get discount.
Facilities & Extras
Facilities & Extras
|7 am||7 pm||7:00 –8:00 am Mantra Chanting, Pranayama & Guided Meditations/ Kriya practice 8:015– 09:45 am Asana Practice 9:45 – 11:00 am Breakfast 11:00 – 1:00 pm Yoga Anatomy & Physiology/ Yoga Philosophy 1:00 – 3:00 pm Lunch Break. 3:00 – 4:00 pm Adjustments/Alignments class/Teaching Methodology 4:00 – 4:50 pm Student Teaching Practice 5:00 – 6:00 pm Asana Classes 6.00 – 7:00 pm Methodology/teaching practice/Guided Meditation 7.45 – 8:30 pm Sat Sangam – Q&A on meditation philosophy /spirituality related topics (Tuesday& Thursday)Sunday is Holiday|
300 hour teacher training is an advanced course for those who want to incorporate detailed and subtle yogic techniques and enhancing the depth of yoga practice. It is a natural flow in the process of learning and teaching yoga. This intensive course helps you to deepen your existing knowledge in the subject, that includes technical training and advance asana practice. A great deal of attention will be given to technical aspects, sequencing, and structural components for a Vinyasa Flow class. This gives you an opportunity to enhance your teaching skills and adjustment techniques.
From 20 Jun 2021 To 18 Jul 2021
For 29 days
Sarvaguna Yoga Dharamsala
Sarvaguna Yoga is a Yoga Alliance Registered School, offers 200 & 300/500 hour Yoga Teacher Training Courses(YTTC), Meditation TTC in Goa & Himalayas, India. Students Certified by us are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as RYT 200/500 (Registered Yoga Teacher).
How to get here