Traditional Hatha Ashtanga VinyasaAshtangaRelaxationMeditationYoga nidraHathaPranayama
|Food||Vegetarian (No Eggs)|
|Group Size||10 — 23|
Included in Base Price
Optional with Extra Charge
Students who complete their subsequent trainings are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance USA as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT200).
- Yoga asana: Traditional Hatha yoga
- Yoga asana: Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga (Primary Series – Series 1))
- Mantra chanting
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- 6 cleansing techniques (also known by ShatKarma, Satkarma, Shat Kriya, etc.)
- Yoga philosophy
- Yoga anatomy & physiology
- Bandhas & Mudras
- Karma yoga
- Yoga Nidra (relaxation techniques)
- Teaching methodology
- Teaching practicum
- Weekly assignments
- Final examination
Course Structure (Yoga Alliance USA standards)
The training is structured to follow the standards set by Yoga Alliance USA under the "Five Educational Categories of Studies and Practices" of yoga, plus self-study hours (referred to by Yoga Alliance as non-contact hours). We make sure to integrate all essential subjects such as pranayama, shatkriya, yoga philosophy, yoga anatomy, yoga asanas, meditation and relaxation, to ensure our student undergo a wholesome and well-rounded environment of yoga studies and practice during the training at Yoga Vidya Mandiram.
1. Techniques, Training and Practice (TTP) – 105 hours
Analytical training of how to practice each technique. Students will undergo through guided practices with yoga instructors.
- Mantra chanting:
- Basic Ayurveda: basic principles, dosha, tri-guna, Ayurvedic diet and health
- Shat Kriya (Cleansing Techniques)
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques): sitting posture for breathing practice, nadi shodhana, anulom viloma, ujjayee, kapalabhati, introduction to advance practices
- Mudra (Energy seals or spiritual gestures): jnana mudra, dhyan mudra, introduction to advance mudras
- Bandha (Body Locks)
- Meditation: basic sitting posture, relaxation meditation, So-Ham meditation, mantra meditation
- Relaxation (Yoga Nidra): tension and relaxation technique, systematic relaxation, breath relaxation, 31 points/61 points relaxation, preparation for yoga nidra
- Yoga Asana: mainly focused on Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga (Primary Series I), Sun Salutation (many variations), types of postures (standing, seated, twists, backward/forward bends, stabilizing, inversions), posture modifications and adjustments, postural alignment, counter-postures
- Contraindications of practices
2. Teaching Methodology (TM) – 20 hours
Students will cover the overview and analysis of teaching methods.
- Communication skills
- Time management
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting.
- Teaching styles
- Business aspects of teaching yoga also relating to Yoga Alliance USA
3. Anatomy & Physiology (AP) – 20 hours
- Introduction to Yoga Anatomy
- Body Systems: digestive, respiratory, muscular, skeletal, etc.
- Effects of yoga practices
- Nadis (Energy Channels)
- Chakras (Energy Plexus)
- Panchakosha (Five Sheaths)
- Panchaprana (Five Vital Energy)
4. Yoga Philosophy/LifeStyle Ethics (YPLE) – 25 hours
- Six Schools of Indian Philosophy
- Samkhya yoga
- Selections of Yoga Sutra by Patanjali
- Selections of Bhagavad Gita
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga (Ashtanga Yoga): yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and Samadhi
- Introduction to the Upanishads
- Yoga lifestyle & Ethics
5. Practicum (Teaching Practice) – 10 hours
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
- Receiving and giving feedback.
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
6. Self-Study & Assignments – 20 hours
During the training, you will have assignments to be completed and submitted and self-study time that is to be utilized efficiently for studying manual, texts, revision, designing your class, preparation for teaching class, etc.
Training takes place six days out of seven days of the week. The 7th day is considered the resting day, normally set on Sundays (may change). Students are free to use this rest day to practice, review, and reflect lessons and practices during the past week. They also organize a half day excursion during the rest day for students to take some time to explore and experience Thai attractions, nature, and culture.
Please see the "Typical Daily Schedule" below. However, please note that the timing of the daily schedule may change without prior notice.
Garden House - Female Dorm
1 Spot - Capacity 3
The Garden House is a budget room option which is 3-5 minutes walk from the main training/resort premise. It is location in a private longan fruit orchard owned by the same family that runs the resort premise hosting our school. The Garden House is built with cement and wood in a Thai Northern style with a view of a fish pond in front of the house and Chiangmai's mountain range at a distant.
Female Shared Dorm
Shared Twin Room
Vegetarian (No Eggs)
During the training, we offer vegetarian Thai meals (no eggs will be provided). Vegetables are purchased mainly from the King's Royal Project which gives priority to being organic and produced by local villages as a means to help and encourage villagers in agricultural lifestyle. Please note that there will be guests from the resort's partner tour group stay at the same resort, not attending our training, who take their usual non-vegetarian diet and occasional beer. We do not impose our disciplines on them as they are not our student. We also do not force the resort to omit these options from the menu. However, we expect our students to follow school rules and discipline while staying at our premise. We realize that not everyone interested in the course are pure vegetarian. However, by signing up and booking for this course, you have agreed to our disciplines and our diet requirements. Students are responsible for bringing dietary supplements that they require during the duration of the course. If you really need non-vegetarian from time to time, you may discreetly plan for your meals outside the school. Please do not request our staff to prepare non-vegetarian meals or eggs (we follow Indian vegetarian diet rules) at the premise.
Payment & Guidelines
All deposits are non-refundable. The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 30 days before the retreat start date. (the seeker pays directly to the organizer not through us. We send a notification to the organiser to get the money ). The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Participants are required to attend 90% of the training hours. Participating only half the class will not be counted as full class and one should not sign his/her daily attendance as if for a full class participation.
No alcohol, drugs or any addictive substance are allowed during the course. This applies no matter inside or outside of school premise, including during any extra nights before or after the course if students are staying at our accommodation. Any alcohol/drug consumption will lead to being asked to leave without certification.
No smoking of any kind, including e-cigarettes are allowed on premise. We promote physical and emotional purification during the training. If you have a strong habit for smoking, please try to keep it to a minimal and smoke only outside of accommodation/resort premises. Please dispose of your cigarette buds in safe and appropriate disposal.
No consumption of non-vegetarian (i.e. no meat, no poultry, no eggs, etc.), within accommodation or school/resort premise. We realize that not everyone interested in the course are pure vegetarian. However, by signing up and booking for this course, you have agreed to our disciplines and our diet requirements. Students are responsible for bringing dietary supplements that they require during the duration of the course. If you really need non-vegetarian from time to time, you may discreetly plan for your meals outside the school. Please do not request our staff to prepare non-vegetarian meals, including eggs (we follow Indian vegetarian diet rules). Yoga Samaadhi has rented out 90% of the resort during the training. There will be guests from another tour group, not attending our training, who take their usual non-vegetarian diet and occasional beer. We do not impose our disciplines on them as they are not our student. We also do not force the resort to omit these options from the menu. However, we expect our students to follow school rules and discipline while staying at our premise.
No verbal or behavioral aggression, including passive aggression, towards classmates, school management team, teachers and resort staff at any time.
No using mobile phones for external communication or social media during an ongoing class. This is considered disrespectful to teachers and classmates who may require positive and focused class environment.
School holds the right to ask a student to leave the training without certification, if he or she does not follow, violates school discipline, display any behavior that is deemed inappropriate and/or insensitive to the school members, teachers, local people, Thai culture or other participants.
Facilities & Extras
Facilities & Extras
|6.30||7.30||ShatKarma / Pranayama / Mudras / Bandhas (Theory & Practices)|
|7.30||9.00||Hatha Yoga / Practice Teaching|
|10.00||11.00||Yoga Philosophy & Ethics|
|11.00||12.00||Yoga Anatomy & Physiology / Ayurveda & Lifestyle|
|14.00||15.00||Self-study / Self-Journaling / Extra Sessions (not daily)|
|16.30||18.00||Ashtanga Yoga & Practice Teaching|
|18.00||19.00||Meditation / Yoga Nidra (relaxation) session|
|20.00||21.00||Self-study / Free time|
We look for participants who are ready to be fully committed to the training in terms of participating in class, punctuality, attending all classes, following school rules and discipline and open to meet new people from different backgrounds.
Q & A
What kind of certification do I receive after completing the course?
200 Hours Yoga TTC certificate accredited by Yoga Alliance USA.
What is Yoga Alliance USA?
Yoga Alliance USA is an organization that makes sure yoga schools and teachers are providing yoga lessons and have been trained under a standardized curriculum. They are recognized internationally worldwide and if you register as a yoga teacher with them, you would also be recognized internationally as a yoga teacher. The requirement to register as a yoga teacher ("RYT" as called by Yoga Alliance) is a yoga teacher training with a yoga school that is registered with Yoga Alliance. Our school, Yoga Vidya Mandiram, is registered for all 200 hours, 300 hours and 500 hours yoga teacher training program under the standards of Yoga Alliance.
From 03 Oct 2020 To 24 Oct 2020
For 22 days
From 01 Nov 2020 To 22 Nov 2020
For 22 days
From 03 Oct 2021 To 24 Oct 2021
For 22 days
From 01 Nov 2021 To 22 Nov 2021
For 22 days
From 03 Jan 2022 To 24 Jan 2022
For 22 days
From 01 Feb 2022 To 22 Feb 2022
For 22 days